Welkom bij de website : Kanker in Europa!
(Informatie voor Nederlanders)
ECPC Cancer Manifesto
The European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) and its member organizations call on all candidates for the European Parliament elections to help us fight cancer in their country and across the European Union.
One third of EU citizens are diagnosed with cancer and cancer kills
about 1.7 million each year. We are aware that there are considerable
inequalities in health status and cancer survival rates within and
between Member States of the European Union. These inequalities will
only increase under the current economic crisis as our health and social
systems come under financial pressure.
1. Encourage and adopt national Charters for patients' rights according to European guidelines to ensure that the rights of cancer patients are upheld and enforced.
2. Urgently develop and, where existing, improve national cancer plans, setting priorities and effectively allocating resources for improving cancer control and research across the European Union, paying attention to rare or difficult to treat cancers.
3. Ensure cancer patients are included in formulating and monitoring all research, legislation and policies that affect their health.
4. Invest in cancer prevention in Member States and implement the Council Recommendation on Cancer Screening of 2003 by setting up or improving national high quality population-based screening programmes.
5. Vigorously promote cancer awareness in the general public through the existing Europe against Cancer Code.
6. Make timely, high quality and up to date information, diagnosis, treatment and care available for all cancer patients in each European Member State..
7. Firmly tackle the socio-economic and geographic divide, which leads to inequalities in cancer control
8. Oppose discrimination in the latest cancer treatment because of age, race, gender and domicile.
SDK is an full member of ECPC